Thursday, April 3, 2014

Nagi no Asukara Review

This is Nagi no Asukara.
Synpothesis:
Long ago, human civilization had lived on the ocean floor. However, there were many humans who wanted to live above on the surface and they moved to land creating a fundamental separation of the two. After their school closed down, four childhood friends from the sea village transfered to the surface school, Mihama Middle School. What follows is their struggles to adjust to a new environment and the relationships of the sea and land people. Also while dealing with their own newfound feelings that had just started appearing at the end of their childhood. The childhood friends consisting of Hikari Sakishima, Manaka Mukaido, Chisaki Hiradaira, and Kaname Isaki they meet Kihara Tsumugu.

This is my most favorite anime this season, but I have to say it had it's downs. First of all, Chisaki got on my nerves in the beginning of the series. Before I get into all that, I'm gonna clear up all of the love buisness. Hikari is in love with Manaka, Manaka at first had feelings for Tsumugu but later developed feelings for Hikari, Chisaki is in love with Hiakri but later fell in love with Tsumugu, Kaname was in love with Chisaki but later started to direct his feelings to a girl named Sayu, Tsumugu fell in love with Chisaki, Miuna fell in love with Hikari, and Miuna's brother Akira fell in love with Manaka. God, that's like a love hectagon! Anyway, the reason I had negative feelings for Chisaki at first was because she was so into her feelings for Hikari that she hurt the person who loved her, who is Kaname. Even though he told her his feelings, she acted as if he didn't exsist in the first place and treated him like shit(excuse my language). At that point Kaname became my favorite character and I felt sorry for him because even he thought no one needed him, oblivious to the fact that Sayu, a girl who was like six at the beginning of the series before the time skip, was in love with him. I thought it was so sweet for him to give her a chance when he realized he would never win Chisaki over. My hatred for Chisaki also died down when she and Tsumugu fell in love with eachother and got out of the way. Hikari and Manaka were such a cute couple and, even though I shipped her and Tsumugu at first, was glad that she endend up with Hikari. But then the time skip happened. At first, I thought it totally ruined the anime for me and I even thought about dropping it since I thought they had just killed Kaname, Hikari, and Manaka off. But once giving it another go, it actually got a lot better. Miuna and Sayu grew up to be Hikari and Kaname's age(Hikari and Kaname didn't age when they were frozen) and were given a chance to be with them. Plus Akira was born and was 3 at the time, which I thought was cute when he told Manaka he loved her! The animation is very beautiful and I wish I could see more of this kind of animation, the studio impressed me. The plot and characters also hit a good note with me, and I had no idea that it would be as good as it was. I'm just gonna pray that they will make a new season!

No comments:

Post a Comment